1.2. A cookie is a file that is downloaded onto your computer when you access certain websites. Among other things, cookies allow websites to store and recover information about the browsing habits of a user or his/her computer which, depending on the information obtained and the way the user uses their computer, can be used to recognize the user.
2. Types of cookies
2.1. The following two types of cookies may be used, depending on who manages the domain used to send cookies and process the data obtained: own cookies and third party cookies.
2.2. There is also a second classification, which depends on the period of time cookies are stored on the customer’s browser. This deals with session cookies and persistent cookies.
2.3. Finally, there is another classification that involves five types of cookies depending on what the data obtained is used for: technical cookies / personalization cookies / analysis cookies / advertising cookies / behavioral advertising cookies.
3. Cookies used on this Website
3.1. SUMMUS uses the following cookies:
– _ga: Google Analytics cookie that enables the function to monitor unique visits. This cookie will be installed the first time a user accesses the website from a browser. If this user accesses the website again from the same browser, the cookie considers them to be the same user. A user will only be considered to be a different user if they change browser. This cookie expires two years after the last update.
– _gat: This cookie is used to restrict the request rate. If you have set up Google Analytics via Google Tag Manager, this cookie will be called _dc_gtm_
– _gid. This cookie is used to distinguish users. It expires after 24 hours.
– _gat_gtag_UA_53746313_6: This cookie is used to restrict the request rate. It expires after one minute.
3.2. Web analytics tools do not provide information about users’ personal data. This protects their privacy. The information obtained relates to the amount of users who access the website, the number of pages visited, the frequency and repetition of visits, their duration, browser used, the operator who provides the service, language, the device used and the city the IP address is assigned to. This information enables this Website to provide a better and more appropriate service.
3.5. Given the nature of the Internet, we do not always have information about the cookies that third parties install via this Website. Therefore, if you encounter these types of cookies on this Website that have not been explained in this document, please let us know. You can also contact the third party directly to request information about the cookies they install, what they are used for, how long they last and how they safeguard the user’s privacy.
4. Modifying cookies settings
4.1. The user can allow, block or remove cookies that have been installed on their computer via the settings options on the browser installed on their computer.
4.2. For more information on Internet Explorer, click here.
4.3. For more information on FireFox, click here.
4.4. For more information on Chrome, click here.
4.5. For more information on Safari, click here.